Monday, September 24, 2007

Does Spirit Airlines Really Suck?

I've been reading all over the web about the allegedly nasty comment the chairman of Spirit Airlines inadvertantly sent to a disgruntled passenger. See alexrudloff.com for the complete details. And I guess I'm one of the fortunate few because although I had a bag lost on Spirit once, they did reimburse me (although it took about four months). I am a frequent flier of Spirit on the ORD-RSW (that's Fort Myers) route and while the folks manning the front counters seem to be okay-- I am noticing a definite lapse in customer service. News flash to Spirit-- when your good customer's pre-assigned seat mysteriously disappears (as mine did last week), having to wait on hold for 45 minutes until the Manila-based customer service agent answers and does nothing is not a way to get me to start using my new Spirit Airlines credit card.

We all know that customer service sucks these days-- and like happened above-- bad news spreads like a virus. So let's hear some GOOD NEWS customer service. Maybe if we start spreading some GOOD NEWS about some company, who knows what can happen? Thank you vouchers perhaps???

No comments: