Friday, September 7, 2007

So what is The Tuna Factor?

Welcome to my very first blog post-- I'm probably a little late to the blogging party, which is surprising because I spent my pre-children career as a professional newswriter (more on that later), but as I tell my kids, it doesn't matter how you get to the party as long as you arrive.

So what is the Tuna Factor and why am I calling this blog "tunafactormom"? Well "the tuna factor" is a phrase some friends from college coined. It's a Murphy's law kind of thing-- whenever you look your worst, feel your worst, and smell your worst... kind of like tuna... that's when you run into someone who you need to impress. And it changes throughout the years. In college, it might be some guy you're scoping. In your twenties, it might be that potential employer (or spouse). In your thirties and beyong, it might be that group of moms at the park who are still dressed in designer apparel (high heeled boots in a sandbox?), while you're looking at the LL Bean catalogue. Get the picture?

No comments: